Introduction to CFD Scores  
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
For the Quiz of Assign #3, I took away 1 point if you didn't prove $\phi_1=0$, $\phi_2=0$, etc. Also, note that Question #2 doesn't require to prove the metrics from scratch: that is what was asked in Question #1. In Question #2, start from the metrics $\eta_x$, $\xi_y$, etc and transform the Euler equations from Cartesian to Generalized Coordinates.
For the Quiz of Assign #4, I took away 1 or 1.5 points if you used an Equation() command or a Block() command — you shouldn't use those here.
For the Quiz of Assign #6, I took away 1 point if you didn't indicate clearly why the perpendicular component of the Mach number is less than 1. Also, I took away 0.5 point if the answer was not indicated clearly.
For the Quiz of Assign #7, I took away 2 points if you couldn't calculate $p$ correctly ($p$ can't be negative on the finest meshes) and 1 point if you couldn't calculate $r$ correctly ($r$ also can't be negative), and 1 point if you averaged the $p$s on all grids (this shouldn't be done).
For Quiz of Assign #7b, I took away 0.5 point if you didn't write down the units for $\partial_x P$. I also took way 1-3 points if you didn't succeed in getting the right answer for the GCI and the exact solution or if you didn't write down clearly how you got your answers.
I finished correcting the final exams. You did really well. Some got unlucky because the PIP system doesn't allow more than 50% of the students to get A0 or A+. So I could only award 4 As. For those who deserved an A but got B+, you were given a Bad Luck Bonus that you can use later on in my 3rd or 4th year courses (just remind me..). Have a nice vacation and see you next fall hopefully!
Make PDF
$\pi$