Heat Transfer Scores  
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Quiz 1 has been corrected. I took away 1 point if you didn't list your assumptions, 0.5 point if you didn't show a schematic of the small element where the first law is applied, 0.5 point if you didn't explain what is Fourier's law, and 0.5 point if you didn't explain how to expand terms with Taylor series. If your score is less than 2.5, you need to improve considerably on the following quizzes. Otherwise, it's unlikely you'll get a B or A in this course.
Quiz 2 is corrected. I took away 0.5 point for not indicating your answer clearly, and 1 point if you only found one temperature in part (b).
Quiz 3 is corrected. I took away 0.5 point for not listing $h$ as a constant in the assumptions, and 0.5 point for not listing 1D H-T along $x$ in the assumptions (you have to make it clear along which direction the 1D H-T is taking place).
Quiz 4 is corrected. I subtracted 0.5 point if you didn't indicate clearly which Heisler chart you used and how you used it. I also subtracted 0.5 point for stating in the assumptions that this problem is 1D radial (it is rather 2D), and for not indicating clearly your answer.
Quiz Design 1 is corrected. I took away 0.5 point if you didn't specify 1D Heat Transfer along $x$ in the assumptions, 0.5 point if you didn't specify that the surfaces of the altimeter (except the fins) are adiabatic, 0.5 point if you didn't clearly outline your answer, 0.5 point if you didn't calculate the safe $h$ correctly, and 1 or more points if you didn't finish.
Quiz 5 is corrected. I took away 0.5 point if you forgot to mention in the assumptions that $v=0$ and $\partial(\cdot)/\partial x=0$. I took away 1 point if you didn't indicate clearly the boundary conditions for temperature.
The midterm exam scores have been added to the scoresheet. Please check that no mistake was made.
Quiz 6 is corrected. I only took away points if you didn't correctly identify the top boundary layer as turbulent and the bottom as laminar (1 point), or for not using the right correlations (1 point), or for not indicating that $q^"$ is assumed the same between the two plates. I was generous because this was a long quiz if you didn't use the shortcut I noted on the blackboard (film temperature equal to 300K). If you used that shortcut, the problem could be solved on time. Also note that I didn't take away points for the following mistakes
(a)  $\frac{q_1}{A}=\frac{q_2}{A}$. The latter is misleading: it's the heat flux at one location (not the heat transfer through the entire plate) that is conserved.
(b)  Setting the film Reynolds number equal to the one in the freestream (wrong).
Make sure that you don't make the same mistakes in the future.
Quiz 7 is corrected. I took away 0.5 point for not listing negligible viscous dissipation as an assumption, 0.5 point for not listing negligible kinetic energy change within the assumptions, 0.5 point for not multiplying $h$ by 0.95 (6 rows deep as opposed to 10 rows deep), 0.5 point for some computing error (or for simply copying the answer from the question sheet instead of calculating it using your obtained $h$), and 0.5 point for not indicating your answers clearly.
Quiz 8 is corrected. I was less generous in the grading for this quiz because you had plenty of time to finish the problem. I took away 0.5 point if you forgot to mention the flow is fully developed or has no viscous dissipation or has no axial conduction in the assumptions. I took away 0.5 point if you didn't explain why the wall temperature is 3.3$^\circ$C. I took away 1 point if you didn't use the LMTD or if you didn't iterate the solution as needed or if you didn't complete the problem or if there's something wrong in your logic.
I included the scores for attendance for the second half of the course. Please check that there is no mistake.
I finished correcting the finals. You did great. Your scores are the highest I have seen so far in my Heat Transfer course at PNU. I hope you are happy with your grade. Have a nice vacation and see you again in the fall.
PDF 1✕1 2✕1 2✕2
$\pi$