2014 Fluid Mechanics Scores  
I'll post an update to the fluid mechanics scores every week or so in this thread. Find attached the scores after Assignment #0.
scores2014.xls    
Find attached the scores as of September 25th. Some lost some points for the following reasons:
1.  The staple hides the text, 0.5 point deducted
2.  No plot (graph) was given in problem 7, 0.5 point deducted
3.  The answer is not clearly indicated, 0.5 point deducted
scores2014.xls    
Find attached the scores as of October 2nd. In correcting Assignment #2, note the following:
1.  $-0.5$ point for not drawing all 3 volumes for question #1
2.  $-0.5$ point for not explaining well enough your answer for question #3 (make it clear which cases are constant density)
3.  $-0.5$ point in the quiz if the answer is not the same as the assignment (this was an easy problem, so I expect you to get the correct answer)
4.  $-3$ points in the quiz if you forgot to include the angle $\theta$ in calculating the flow speed downstream
Don't forget to cast your vote for the rescheduled 10.06.2014 class. Click here to vote.
scores2014.xls    
Find attached the scores as of October 9th. Note the following:
1.  In the quiz, $-3$ points if you forgot how to change the reference frame correctly
2.  In the quiz, $-0.5$ point if your assumptions don't match those in the assignment
3.  In the quiz, $-5$ points or more for more major differences than those mentioned above
scores2014.xls    
Find attached the scores as of October 16th. Note the following:
1.  For group #1, I took away 0.5 to 1 point in the quiz for not obtaining the right answer as in the assignment (problem #6 was an easy problem, so I expect better accuracy than usual)
Don't forget to cast your vote for the scheduling of the midterm exam. Click here to vote.
scores2014.xls    
Find attached the scores as of October 30th. Note that I gave a penalty of 2 points in the quiz if you got the common parameters, and a penalty of 3 points if you didn't derive the Reynolds number and the drag coefficient (and did so in the assignment). Also, the attendance penalties were included for the first half of the course (until October 27th). Please check and make sure that there is no mistake.
scores2014.xls    
Find attached the scores as of November 7th. I included the bonus boost from the Q&A section — make sure there is no mistake and that all your points for asking questions were included in the score sheet. From now, the bonus boost given for asking questions will be included in the final bonus, not the midterm bonus.
scores2014.xls    
Find attached the scores as of November 20th. When correcting the quiz, I took away some points if you didn't indicate clearly the shear stresses (their precise location and direction) on the fluid element but did so in your assignment. The penalties varied between 1 and 3 points depending on the situation.
scores2014.xls    
Find attached the scores as of November 24th including the corrected midterm exam and the ranking of the students for the first half of the course.
scores2014.xls    
Find the scores as of November 27th including the up-to-date Q&A bonus boost. Also, make sure you cast your vote for the possible rescheduling of the 26th lecture [here].
scores2014.xls    
1,  2    Next  •  PDF 1✕1 2✕1 2✕2
$\pi$