Convective Heat Transfer Questions & Answers  
Please ask your questions related to Convective Heat Transfer in this thread, I will answer them as soon as possible. To insert mathematics use . For instance, let's say we wish to insert math within a sentence such as $q_{\rm rad}$ is equal to $\epsilon A \sigma T^4$. This can be done by typing \$q_{\rm rad}\$ is equal to \$\epsilon A \sigma T^4\$. Or, if you wish to display an equation by itself out of a sentence such as: $$ q=-\frac{\Delta T}{\sum R} $$ The latter can be accomplished by typing \$\$q=-\frac{\Delta T}{\sum R}\$\$ . You can learn more about on tug.org. If the mathematics don't show up as they should in the text above, use Chrome or Firefox or upgrade MSIE to version 9 or above. Ask your question by scrolling down and clicking on the link “Ask Question” at the bottom of the page.
Question by Student #201783216
I have a question about when I revised the last week's lecture. When the mean free path is considered, concept of 'cylinder of influence' is appeared. I clearly understand that one particle can affect to other particles. But I can't understand why criterion of one particle's influence is cylinder. Intuitively, I think that criterion of influence should be sphere because the particle travels in 3-D space. Which point I misunderstand about it?
The cylinder corresponds to the volume that the particule goes through during a certain amount of time $\Delta t$. I.e., the radius of the cylinder is the radius of influence of the particule and the length of the cylinder is the particule speed times $\Delta t$.
Question by Student #201793103
Dear Sir, I have a question about Question #3, Assignment #1. Sorry for that I have to give my question as attachment. I cannot figure out the equation code here. Please find the detail in attachment, which is in MS office WORD(docx.).
 Question_201793103.docx    
I only answer questions written within the post, not within the attachments.. Or, you can come see me in my office.
Question by Student #201793103
Dear Sir I am very sorry that I cannot make it for midterm exam on 26th, though I've voted for 26th. I have forgotten that I had business trips from 13th to 23th and from 26th to 29th. Could I have midterm after 29th? Sorry again.
The exam is already officially scheduled on the department homepage so the date can not be changed anymore. In your case, because you can not attend the midterm exam, the final exam will be worth more points.
Question by Student #201799110
Dear Professor Parent. I want to check my think about driving 2-dimensional energy equation. In 2-Dimensional, I think, stress from environment acts on the 4 surface of fluid element.(for example, x direction) $$ \frac{d \tau_{xx}}{dx} \frac{-d \tau_{xx}}{dx} \frac{d \tau_{yx}}{dx} \frac{-d \tau_{yx}}{dx} $$ And work is consist of stress and relative velocity between environment and fluid element. Regarding velocity, I think that $$ \frac{du'_{yx}}{dx} $$ is equal to $$ \frac{du_{x}}{dx} $$ Is it correct? quotation mark means relative velocity.
Hm, I don't understand fully the question. The stresses acting on the fluid element are $\tau_{xx}$, $\tau_{yx}$, etc and not $d\tau_{xx}/dx$, etc. Also, what is $u_{yx}^\prime$?
Question by Student #201693239
In the case of high speed flow in a flat plate, I wonder whether the total heat produced inside boundary layer is transfered to both direction(to the plate and to the outside of boundary layer) or to just one direction(to the plate). Considering the temperature profile you professor drew in the last class, I guess the total heat is transfered to both direction. Then professor, how to interpret the equation $q_{w}^{"}=h(T_{w}-T_{aw})$? Does it mean heat(or heat flux) transfrering to both direction?
1,  2    Next  •  Make PDF
$\pi$