Heat Transfer Scores  
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
For the quiz of assign #1, I took away 1 point if you didn't explain well how $e=cT$, and one point if you didn't draw the figure in 3D explaining where $q^"_x$ and $x,y,z$ are located.
For the quiz #2, you received a 0.5 point penalty if you did not indicate clearly the two answers you were supposed to provide. As well, another penalty of 0.5 point was given if you did not indicate on a figure where $r$ and $r_0$ are located.
For quiz #3, I took away 0.5 point if you didn't indicate your answer clearly in a box and 0.5 point if you listed “1D Heat Transfer” in your assumptions. The heat transfer is from the cable to the ground and is not 1D radial nor is it 1D along $x$ or $y$. It's not so simple in this case.
For quiz #4, I took away 0.5 point if assumptions didn't have $\rho$, $c$ and $k$ constant or if assumptions included 1D H-T (it's not, it's 2D H-T in this case). I also took away 0.5 point if the answer was not indicated clearly or didn't have units.
The scores will be accessible again once I give you back your corrected midterms (soon).
Please don't request access to the score sheet on google. You will not be given access until I give you back your corrected midterm exams.
For Assignment #5, I took away 0.5 point if you did not write $H\ll D_i$ or $H \ll D_o$ in the assumptions. I also took away 0.5 point if you did not derive the velocity profile from the momentum equation.
For the quiz of Assignment #6 (question #2), I took away 3 points if you didn't find the Reynolds numbers. I took away up to 2 points if you didn't find the right Nusselt numbers.
Make PDF
$\pi$